Who may join ACTEM?
- Any Maine educator with an interest in or responsibility for technology in education is invited to become an individual member.
- Non-profit institutions inside and out of Maine such as schools, school districts, public libraries, or qualified educational organizations who wish to take advantage of ACTEM's purchasing program (depending upon vendor requirements).
- Retired former ACTEM individual members.
- Undergraduate College Students enrolled in pre-service programs
- Corporate/Vendors wishing to support the organization.
What does ACTEM provide members?
CONFERENCES - Our fall conference is the largest educational technology event in Maine for educators and administrators.
NEWS - ACTEM publishes a quarterly newsletter, the Connected Educator with articles of interest to educators in Maine including upcoming professional development, events and conferences.
- The 2-day conference typically features over 150 workshops sessions, national keynote speakers and 40+ vendors in the exhibit hall.
- Our Spring Leadership conference features topics important to Maine technology leaders and staff.
AWARDS - Our ACHIEVE Awards recognizes and honors exceptional Maine educators that are highly innovative and effectively apply available technology in their schools and districts.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - ACTEM organizes and provide a variety of professional development events for Maine Educators.
- Award winners receive $2,000 cash and their school or district receives a $1,000 gift certificate for technology related products or services.
- Information about ACTEM’s ACHIEVE award can be found at: http://www.actem.org/AchieveAward
PD REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM - Members are invited to apply for assistance in the form of reimbursement on qualifying technology PD activities that are not funded by their local district.
OVERDRIVE PD LIBRARY - A collection of eBooks and Audio books for our members to borrow from the online PD library. The online library collection can be found at: http://actem.lib.overdrive.com
- Must be a current individual member for a minimum of 180 days
- Maximum of $400 per membership year
- Information and requirements can be found at: http://www.actem.org/ACTEM-PD
PURCHASING CONSORTIUM - ACTEM offers significant price savings on popular software titles from Adobe, Filemaker, Microsoft, Sophos and other vendors. ACTEM looks to partner with vendors that can offer better pricing for Maine schools and hopefully offer something in return in the way of funding to assist ACTEM with our mission.LISTSERVE - The ACTEM listserve has been established as a mechanism for information exchange and problem resolution for use by those interested in enhancing and influencing education though the use of technology in Maine schools.
What does membership cost?
- Individual Membership - $20 annually
- Institutional Membership - $50 annually ($25 for small, one-school districts)
- Retired Lifetime Membership - $50 one time charge
- Corporate/Vendor Membership - $200 annually
- Student Membership - $5 annually (Full-time pre-service college students)
How do I join ACTEM?
Our online membership form is available HERE.
- Pay online with credit card or PayPal
- Call the ACTEM Office at 1-866-99-ACTEM with your credit card information
- Sending a PO or check to:
ACTEM has a fixed membership year that runs from July 1st through June 30th annually.
Gary Lanoie, ACTEM Executive Director
PO Box 187
Gorham, ME 04038
Phone: 207.222.4353 Fax: 207.222.2057